Sunday, August 7, 2011

Starting over

Just a quick post...

My divorce will be final soon.  The process of starting over has been a welcome but overwhelming event.  I have some wonderful friends who are helping me organize and restart my life as a single mom of 2 boys and others who I thought would be there have chosen to stay at arm's length like the plague of divorce might infect them.  I have learned through my life that friends come and go, it's the select few that never waver that are the true gems of life. 

I realized this weekend that I don't think I will ever be ready to date again.  I don't know if I am going to ever heal fully from what I've been through.  I also just don't think men like to date chubby, single moms either.  It's just too much to take on.  So as I settle in for the next 14 years with at least 1 child in the house with me, I have plenty of time to dig through and find a new me.  I'll be 50 when my youngest turns 18. 

This week's plans:
  1. Work - BOOOOO
  2. Start training for the fall running season.
  3. Start trying to find the perfect fabric for drapes and throw pillows (unless I can find inexpensive ones.)
  4. Start cleaning out the office to get it ready for Brendan.
  5. Back to school shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment